The Indian political stage is quite a vibrant one, and there are many personalities that are hard to ignore. Some of the personalities are known for their good work, while some of them are famous for their controversies. No matter what the reasons are, in the present scenario of Indian politics, the two major names that make headlines are- Narendra Modi and Arvind Kejriwal.
Narendra Modi vs Arvind Kejriwal
We all know that both of them have very dynamic personality, and both of them come from a very humble background. Hence, the debate on how is the better politician always remains in the active state. So, what do you think?
About Narendra Modi
Prime Minister of India
- Born: 17 September 1950 (age 67), Vadnagar
- Full name: Narendra Damodardas Modi
- Height: 1.7 m
- Spouse: Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi (m. 1968)
- Education: Gujarat University (1983), University of Delhi (1978)
Points in favor of Narendra Modi
- As a capitalist, Modi is really great, and it has been proved by the way he has tried to bring more companies to invest their money in this country. His ‘Make in India’ campaign is also a part of such movements. In the last two years, Modi has visited almost every major country to win the trust and confidence of the investors sitting there.
- When it comes to political experience, no doubt Modi enjoys an upper hand. He is in the Indian political system since many decades, whereas Arvind Kejriwal has just started his political career. The ability to cope up with difficult political situations is certainly better in Modi.
- During the UPA tenure, the issue of corruption was one of the major ones. After Modi became the PM of India, the cases of corruption have certainly declined considerably.
- India’s diplomatic relations with various countries have also improved a lot in Modi’s tenure.
About Arvind Kejriwal
Chief Minister of Delhi
- Born: 16 August 1968 (age 49), Siwani
- Spouse: Sunita Kejriwal (m. 1994)
- Party: Aam Aadmi Party
- Office: Chief Minister of Delhi until 14 Feb 2019
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (1985–1989), Campus School, CCS HAU
Points in favor of Arvind Kejriwal
- It was Arvind Kejriwal who demolished the presence of Congress in the capital of India. He also exposed many prominent personalities, such as Robert Vadra.
- When it comes to public interaction through a two-way communication channel, Arvind Kejriwal certainly takes the lead; he is more easily accessible than Modi.
- Till now, there has been not a single charge of corruption on Kejriwal, and this certainly adds more strength to his personality.
Must Read Article – Why Centre Returns Jan Lokpal Bill
Overall, there are many areas where Narendra Modi excels as a better politician. Of course, his experience in this field is much more when compared to that of Kejriwal. With the passage of time, it would be interesting to see how both of them evolve as a politician. Till then, Narendra Modi is clearly the winner here.
Thank you for Visiting Coffee with India | Share This Article Now!